AACI, P. App
Sections Listed below in order include:
- Certificates and Diplomas
- Professional Associations, Memberships and Practical Experience
- Scope of Assignment and Experience
Certificates and Diplomas
- Accredited Appraiser of Canadian Institute (AACI) #1807
March 20, 1977
Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Diploma in Structural Technology Engineering
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Certificate in Municipal Assessment (Alberta)
University of Alberta
- Certificate in Local Government (Alberta)
University of Alberta
- Certificate in Farmland Assessment and Appraisal
Olds Agricultural and Vocational College
- Marshall & Swift Costing Seminars
- RS Means Certificate – Unit Price Estimating
- Specialized Division Course – Institute of Real Estate Studies (IRES)
- Leading to CRP designation (Certified Reserve Planner)
- Course IRES 2300 (Introduction to Reserve Fund Studies and Management)
- Course IRES 2310 (Building Construction & Systems)
- Course IRES 2320 (Building Costing & Life Span Analysis)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Past Member – Registered Review Appraiser (R.R.A.)National Association of Review Appraisers
- President – BC Association of Appraisal Institute of Canada, 1991/1993
- Recipient – 1993 Presidential Citation – Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Recipient – 2006 Keith Goodwin Award – BC Association, Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Candidate Member – Real Estate Institute of Canada
- CRP Program – Certified Reserve Planner – Institute of Real Estate Studies (IRES)
- 35+ years in association with the North Country Group of Companies
- City of Prince George Planning Department,Conducting Land Use SurveyEstablishment of the Official Community Plan (1976)
- 3 years appraisal experienceWescan Appraisals Ltd. & Cunningham & Rivard Appraisals Ltd.Kamloops & Prince George, Province of British Columbia
- 1 year property management experienceMarathon Realty Co. Ltd. – Calgary, Alberta
- 3 years assessment experienceDepartment of Municipal Affairs, Province of Alberta
Scope of Assignments and Experience
- CN Real Estate, Northwood Timber, Canadian Forest Products, West Fraser Timber, Weldwood and Tolko Industries.
- Appraisals for administration of Crown Land plans.
- Portfolio appraisals conducted for Canadian National Railway throughout Northern British Columbia when the company elected to sell its leased land and surplus land portfolio.
- Extensive work conducted for British Columbia Railway / BCR Properties Ltd. since 1980 for industrial, forestry, commercial, mill sites, agricultural, transportation facilities and assessment review.
Water Lots and Terminals:
- Appraisal of Vancouver Wharves for BCR Properties Ltd. in North Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Advisory Services on Squamish Terminals for BCR Properties Ltd., Squamish, British Columbia.
- Appraisal of Upland and Water Lot – Roberts Bank Deltaport Facility, Delta, British Columbia.
- Experience in the reassessment of the Tsawwassen BC Ferries terminal.
- Conducted several litigation insurance advisory reports for Lloyds of London, Legal firms of Dolden Murray, Shapiro Hankison & Knutson, Insurance Adjustors – Brouwer Claims Canada, Shumka Craig & Moore Adjustors.
- Insurance and replacement costs appraisals conducted on multi-family units, bare land strata, industrial and commercial buildings and institutional buildings that include medical centres, ambulance stations, courthouses and special-use facilities.
- Conducted for Litigation Management & Resolution Branch Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development encompassing an Indian Reserve of 23,444 acres with 4 million cubic metres of merchantable aggregate located at Fort Nelson, British Columbia
- Extensive work conducted for major petroleum companies for market value appraisals for acquisition, disposition and rental values
- Extensive work conducted for British Columbia Buildings Corporation that included forestry buildings, highways yards, courthouses, medical clinics, ambulance stations, industrial buildings and land for rental and sale purposes.
- Comprehensive work for Public Works Canada for asset management purposes on federal buildings in Prince George, Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, Fort Nelson, Smithers and Terrace.
- Assignments in the Yukon Territories for Public Works Canada for Whitehorse housing sales disposition, federal buildings and surplus land.
Subdivisions and Land:
- Appraisals concentrated on large undeveloped land tracts for residential, industrial and commercial properties.
- Appraisals of farm, ranch, vineyard and orchard operations.
Transportation and Infrastructure:
- Advisory services to the Canadian Transportation Agency, Canadian National Railway, British Columbia Railway, Ministry of Transportation and various energy and pipeline operations regarding right-of-ways.
- Appraisal assignments conducted on Indian Reserve Lands for road right-of-way and land settlements.
- Extensive number of assignments for partial and total taking requirements – Ministry of Transportation & Highways.
Court and Litigation Work:
- Numerous assignments involving either arbitration or court litigation. Court testimony and litigation consultation. Testimony at County Court, Supreme Court, Assessment Appeal Board Hearings and Expropriation Hearings.
- Served on various arbitration panels and have acted as a single arbitrator on various issues involving rental disputes. Provided expert evidence for arbitration hearings.
- Conducted advisory services for BC Rail / BCR Properties Ltd. (Province of British Columbia) over a portfolio of land leases, building investments, subdivisions, water lots that encompass diverse usage including: light industrial, heavy industrial, commercial, industrial subdivisions, port and transportation facilities, rail facilities and agricultural land. Assignments on heavy industrial properties included usage for sawmills, petroleum bulk plants, wood treatment plants, sulphur processing plant, mining facilities, hydro sites and transmission towers. Commercial appraisals on investment buildings were completed for large equipment servicing installations, Peterbilt Trucks, and Canadian Tire Store. Other assignments included aggregate analysis and advice. Several assignments involved compensation takings for rail right-of-way. Most assignments required lease and rental studies required for rent renewal and negotiations pertaining to the Company’s lease portfolio of property.